Located in Marechal Carmona Park, this is the oldest museum in the county. Opened in 1931 it incorporates the Tower of Saint Sebastian, a remarkable work of romantic architecture that combines a mixture of styles and an engaging mysticism.
The museum highlights furniture collections from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century, paintings from the eighteenth to the twentieth century and beautiful Portuguese and Hispo-Moorish tiles from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century. Two of the most significant of the current museum collection elements are a neo-Gothic organ, custom built for the Count of Castro Guimarães and a valuable chronicle of D. Afonso Henriques, Duarte Galvão.
A few meters from Farol Hotel.